Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Monthly Archives

Santa Maria

Named after its Patron Saint, the Virgin Mary, Sta. Maria was formerly a barrio of Tayug, Pangasinan.  It became a town in 1863 but was fused to Tayug later because of its inability to maintain financial stability.  In 1877, upon the application and granting of the inhabitants for separation from the mother town, Sta. Maria became again a separate town.

LAND AREA                       :    3,500 hectares
POPULATION                    :    31,138
NO. OF BARANGAYS      :    23
CLASSIFICATION            :    4th class
TOWN FIESTA                   :    April 9-10
PRODUCTS                          :    agricultural, livestock and poultry, concrete  aggregates