San Carlos City
San Carlos City was once known as Binalatongan. From the time of its founding up to the middle of the 19th century, it was considered as the biggest and most populous town of Pangasinan composing a whole third of the Province. It is recorded in history as a bastion of freedom fighters, with famous uprisings against Spaniards led by Andres Malong (1660) and Juan dela Cruz Palaris (1762). These heroic acts prompted the Spanish colonizers to change the name of the town to San Carlos in honor of King Carlos III of Spain.
San Carlos became a city by virtue of Republic Act No. 4487 signed on June 19, 1965.
LAND AREA : 17,087 hectares
POPULATION : 164,061
NO. OF BARANGAYS : 86
CLASSIFICATION : 3rd class city
FIESTA : Last Saturday of April
MAJOR CROPS : rice, corn, root crops, vegetables, fruit trees
MAJOR INDUSTRIES : handicraft, pottery making, mango culture, livestock trading
PRIME PRODUCTS : tomato paste, cassava cake, bamboo, rug, furnitures, native cakes
TOURIST ATTRACTION : St. Dominic Guzman Parish (1587)