“Home of the 100 Islands”
Alaminos used to be a part of Bolinao which was one of the nine towns in the northern most part of Zambales. It became a town independent of its mother town in 1747. The town got its name in 1872 in honor of Lieutenant Governor General Alaminos, the then Governor General of the Philippines.
The town became a city in 2001 by virtue of Republic Act 9025, An Act Converting the Municipality of Alaminos, Province of Pangasinan into a
Component City to be known as the City of Alaminos.
Alaminos is the home to the Hundred Islands National Park, the very first national park in the Philippines. It is also the heart of Western Pangasinan, its center of commerce, finance, education, industry and services.
LAND AREA: 16,426 hectares
NO. OF BARANGAYS: 39
CLASSIFICATION: 5th class; component city
Galila Hudre Islands Festival
Parish of St. Joseph Church (1766)
Hundred Islands National Park,